Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman blind recess width clearance

Hello,

I know this is a pretty basic question, but I'd really appreciate your views on how much to reduce the window width measurement on a recessed blind by to allow the blind to pull up and down easily?

Merrick and Day say to make a recessed blind to the narrowest window width measurement, not taking off anything. This seems rather risky to me. I was thinking about making the blind to the narrowest window width measurement minus 1cm for clearance on the sides. What do others do?

Also for a recessed blind, do you take anything off the drop of the window when using a cassette header or just make it to the shortest window drop?

Thanks very much

Newbie maker!

Unless there is a textured surface inside the recess I make the fabric panel 5-10mm narrower, depending on how uneven it is. I always order the track 10mm shorter than the final blind width.
    I make my blind drop the same as the recess.
    I make sure I discuss this with the customer if the recess is really uneven, and give them the final decision.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

When you order your cassette headrail, it usually gives you an option for recessed or not. if you tick recessed the headrail will be made a few mm shorter than the measurement you give to allow some space. You can then make the fabric part to that width.

Best wishes
      Liz

Comment

I take a cm off generally - if it is uneven across the width I might take it off the largest measurement as long as there will still be enough clearance all the way down. Headrail 1cm narrower as Louise said. I tend to add a cm or so onto the length though as some length seems to get lost in the folds.

Comment

Working...
        X