New breakaway from Decorquip on 1:4 tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New breakaway from Decorquip on 1:4 tracks

There is a new approved breakaway from Decorquip for their 1:4 ratio roman mechanisms. Basically the chain loop pulls out, but nothing else comes loose so there is nothing to drop to the floor or for the customer to lose.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Very interesting development as the problem I had with the Evans 'drop out' chain and 'wheel' was that the wheel disappeared in the customer's room. They weren't available to re-order so a complete mechanism had to be ordered. Depending on the position of the headrail , I think many customers will still give us 'call-outs' to re-fit the chains.

Comment

I'm waiting to receive my samples of these mechanisms. My fear with any mechanism that detaches from the headrail is that in a lot of installations it will be necessary to climb a ladder or at least stand on a chair to refit the item, so a lot of customers won't want /be able to do it. At least when the breakaway is in the chain it is usually reachable from the ground.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Your samples left us yesterday Liz, so should arrive today. Carolineblue4 would you like one as well?

Russell - Decorquip

Comment

You can now order replacement cogs for the Evans track....but I realise that doesn't overcome the issue of customer calls to re-fit if the breakaway is activated.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X