Wide Roman Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Roman Blind

Hello, I am preparing an estimate for a very wide window, the client is wanting roman blinds which are to be set inside the recess which measures 392cm. This window is split into three sections with small side windows which measure 60cm each. Allowing for a small gap inbetween the blinds the central blind will be 270cm wide. This will be the widest I have ever made a roman blind by a long way! Have any of the members made a blind this wide before? I would use the thicker 6mm rods to help prevent sagging but am also wondering if it would be better to split the measure and have two central blinds instead? Any advice would be most gratefully received.
    Kind Regards
    Christine

I've made a few blinds over 3m (and with bonded interlining). You'll be fine. Personally I wouldn't use the 6mm rods as these may make the blind even heavier - I would (obviously) use a heavy gauge track and just make sure you use enough rings (approx every 30cm) and stab stitches across the blind which will stop it sagging and make it behave. The only thing I had a slight issue with was the aluminium bottom bar - it was so long that it sort of fell forward a little in the middle. You may want to consider how you insert this - or maybe someone will give you some advice on this. Good luck
    Jacqui
    Quarndon Curtain Design

Comment

Hi Jacqui, this roman blind although very wide is not that long, I don't have the measurement to hand but approx 1.5 metres so I don't think that the 6mm rods will add too much to the weight. I will take your note re the stab stitching and the placement of the rings/spools and perhaps order an extra couple? Thank you for your advice, I will be aware of the bottom bar issue, this isn't something I would have thought of, so I will try to think of a way of stabilising this if possible.
      Kind Regards
      Christine

Comment

I’ve made a blind 3M wide. I mitre the bottom hem turning up the bonded interlining with the hem which keeps the bottom bar nice and firm. Don’t skimp on the cord drops. I made this for my Grandson’s bedroom about 4 years ago and it’s still going strong and have had no problems with it.
        Kind regards
        Colina

Comment

Working...
        X