Tulip Motorised Head Rail - arrangement of strings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulip Motorised Head Rail - arrangement of strings

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone who has used a Tulip motorised head rail can help me out.

The battery and motor are placed at the far left hand side, hence the first cartridge holding the first string is about 12 inches in from the side edge of the blind (see first photo). I dont think they can be rearranged, they seem pretty static. This means that the first string is going to be 12 inches in from the side of the blind, but I usually have a string much nearer the side edge, usually about an inch or so in. However, I have noticed there is a tab of metal on the rail near the side edge with a little hole in it (see second photo), and am thinking maybe this is to allow a string to be placed close to the edge.

Has anyone come across this before?

Gail

Just realised the metal tab cant be for a string, it wouldnt roll up!! Duh!

So Im guessing its ok to just go with the first string a long way in?
    Gail

Comment

I've never made a blind for one of these tracks but would think as long as your rod pockets are reasonable narrow so the rod can't 'droop' then the first cord being 30cm in would be OK? Hopefully someone with actual experience will be along to advise......
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise, drooping is what Im worried about. Im thinking that little metal tab with a hole must be for something, the only thing I can think is that you take the string from the first cartridge and put it through the hole, then the string would be close to the edge. I have emailed Tulip, hopefully they will be able to tell me on Monday if no-one else comes along with an answer before then.
        Gail

Comment

Yes, that could be it. I'd be interested to hear what the answer is..........
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X