Interlining confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlining confusion

I'm making a blind with quite lightweight material. The customer does not want blackout. I have always used a combo of domette and lining.
    This time because of the size of the blind (2m x 1.6m) I need to join linings. This plus the lightness of the fabric I was therefore going to try bonded lining instead of domette with my usual lining.
    I am going around in circles trying to work out which interlining to use.Fleece or wadded?
    I have accounts with Edmund Bell, Hallis and Evans. Any recommendations please???
    Many Thanks

I use bonded lining which has lightweight sarille bonded to it - like http://www.evans-textiles.com/2-fold...ned-to-fleece/
    Rather confusing that they call it fleece when in fact it's sarille........most trade suppliers stock similar so it might boil down to whether you want to buy a few metres to try or commit to a roll.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi, I use HH bonded interlining H153 I think. I have used it with lightweight fabric. On a large blind I usually railroad it & the lining & make the joins under a rod pocket (say 1cm under the rod pocket).
      KarenS

Comment

Thanks Louise and Kls. I've never had to join lining/interlining on a blind before but I've seen a really good post on here which I'll follow.....

Comment

Working...
        X