Interlining confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlining confusion

I'm making a blind with quite lightweight material. The customer does not want blackout. I have always used a combo of domette and lining.
    This time because of the size of the blind (2m x 1.6m) I need to join linings. This plus the lightness of the fabric I was therefore going to try bonded lining instead of domette with my usual lining.
    I am going around in circles trying to work out which interlining to use.Fleece or wadded?
    I have accounts with Edmund Bell, Hallis and Evans. Any recommendations please???
    Many Thanks

I use bonded lining which has lightweight sarille bonded to it - like http://www.evans-textiles.com/2-fold...ned-to-fleece/
    Rather confusing that they call it fleece when in fact it's sarille........most trade suppliers stock similar so it might boil down to whether you want to buy a few metres to try or commit to a roll.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi, I use HH bonded interlining H153 I think. I have used it with lightweight fabric. On a large blind I usually railroad it & the lining & make the joins under a rod pocket (say 1cm under the rod pocket).
      KarenS

Comment

Thanks Louise and Kls. I've never had to join lining/interlining on a blind before but I've seen a really good post on here which I'll follow.....

Comment

If it's a light fabric you might want to consider using white backed interlining as it may be visible through the face fabric and therefore change the colour of it .....
          Jacqui
          Quarndon Curtain Design

Comment

I use polycotton bonded to interline blinds for three reasons - poly cotton is more stable than 100% cotton, the sarille seems to be bonded to a paler colour lining which doesn't alter the face fabric colour, and it's a lighter weigh than cotton bonded.

I railroad join the bonded, and also the blind lining. The lining I use (bancroft 3000) has very straight selvedges so I join it using a face to face 4mm(ish) seam and I hide this within a rod pocket. I add a couple of mm to the pocket to allow to the take-up from the joining process.

I join the bonded by overlapping it 1 cm (this ifs often not covered fully by sarille in any case) and using hand running stitches. I place this join at a rod pocket position so that I don't introduce any extra shadow lines.

No problems so far

Maz

Comment

Working...
            X