Roman Blind in Velvet- Creasing Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Blind in Velvet- Creasing Problem

Hi there I have made many roman blinds in my time but my current commission is causing me a few issues ( and stress!). The fabric is a type of velvet used in upholstery. Blind measures 90cm in width with drop of 140cm. When installed on the headrail a crease forms diagonally from the top left towards the centre. I have stab stitched 5 times equally across each rod pocket but am wondering if too many stab stiches for a heavy fabric?Before I take the whole thing apart can
    anyone make a suggestions ? Many thanks

Hi

I'm assuming the crease is forming as your raise the blind? Have you set up the tracking correctly with perfectly vertical cords? I've known this to happen when the cords on the spools isn't set. Can you add a picture?
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi there thank you for your reply. I have had this up and down on the track several times but am going to re install the blind this afternoon and ensure the cords are perfectly vertical. Here is a photo of the poor thing.

Comment

• Schuhby
        Schuhby commented
        Editing a comment
        When you retrack the blind check all cords are fully extended off the spools. If one spool has more cord on than the rest, the blind will not pull up level.

Well after lots of checking cords and tracking found the root of problem. Took out a couple of stab stiches on the top rod and no creasing. This fabric has been one slippery customer ! Thank you so much for your help.x

Comment

• Schuhby
        Schuhby commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you've sorted it ..
    Working...
    X