Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips on getting stitch lines really straight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on getting stitch lines really straight!

can anyway offer me any tips or suggestions- I'm making roman blinds using a domestic machine, and using the sew on method. No matter how I try , my lines are always slightly wobbly. Obviously worse on a wider blind. I know that using an industrial machine is probably the answer, and that's my intention but for the moment what can I do? I pin and press my channels first and my lines are perfectly straight at the bottom pocket and top/side seams- just when I'm sewing the tapes on? Are there some tapes on the market that make the job easier (i.e stiffer?). Any tips would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Hi I've never used tape so can't really offer any solutions based on experience. Have you tried marking the lines below/above the tape with a vanishing pen to help guide you? Have you tried making up rod pockets in the lining instead of using tape?
    KarenS

Comment

I use rod pocket tapes and actually I don't think that stiffer tapes would be your answer, (I have never come across very stiff ones). The only thing I can think is that sometimes the tapes can have one 'stretched' edge compared to the other and that may cause a problem. It's best not to stretch a tape as you sew and I find that if I can't get the two edges flat together by manually stretching before sewing, then I use the more taut edge to sew to the blind. Are you drawing a pencil line as a guide to line up the edge of the tape?
      Using the best match or invisible thread so any stitching on the face will minimise its appearance is a given. As long as the rods are going to be parallel and level, then don't worry overly about the stitching if it's a millimetre or two out.
      Hope this helps.
      Caroline

Comment

Working...
      X