Blackout method and products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout method and products

Hi. I’ve just been watching again Susan’s new method for no light pin holes in her blackout blinds which she posted about last week. I found it to be an interesting method.
    Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a wholesaler yet here in the U.K. for these Dofix products? Or are there any similar products already available via current trade suppliers here? Thanks

What method is this?

Comment

Here’s the link to her video.....

https://youtu.be/prp-1H5GOK0

Comment

I think Dofix are supplied from Germany - I'm not aware of any UK suppliers. I think some of the adhesive products require a professional iron to 'set' them at the right controlled temperature, but I could be wrong.

Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for that Louise. Yes I couldn’t find a supplier. Seems bizarre that there is no U.K. supplier especially as they’re based in Germany.....yet supply the US.
          I recall Susan talking about the dofix iron but then again I thought she said you didn’t necessarily have to have that particular one - I’d need to go back and watch the video again (might of just made that bit up in my head )
          I just found it to be an interesting method that she’s come up with and wanted to trial it out. It’s a non starter here though if the products aren’t available.....oh well.
          Thanks

Comment

It may partly be because adhesive products/methods seem far more popular in the US than here.......they may well work fine with a good domestic iron but just wanted to flag that. I guess it would be quite a commitment for one of the trade suppliers here to start stocking the range of Dofix products and promoting/training them to break into the market.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Using glue type products seems to be the norm / quite acceptable in the USA. It's a huge country with a big industry but I'm not sure if we want to follow..........not saying more.

Comment

Thank you Louise and Enid - I wasn’t aware that they were big on glue type products out in the US.

Comment

Working...
                X