Stab stitches too tight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stab stitches too tight

Uugghhh.....I’ve stupidly used too fine a pin at the front of a blind whilst stab stitching (so cross with myself that I hadn’t realised I’d picked up the finer one!!) and now after doing them all, have seen that it’s left small indentations. More noticeable as it’s a plain fabric. Any tips on fixing this please?......I’ve used bonded blackout interlining.

Off to finish off the next blind now with the right size pin!!
    Last edited by AFSSF; 11th March 2018, 00:08. Reason: Spelling

I can only think of un-doing the stab stitches and re-doing with the usual size pin I'm afraid.....
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Unless there is enough thread left after you have fastened off to be able to wiggle the stitches looser I think Louise's suggestion is the only one.

Best wishes
      Liz

Comment

Louise and Liz, thank you both for your suggestions. I managed to wiggle them and loosen them a bit. So fiddly! I didn’t want to re-do them as I had used bonded blackout in that one. Just a really silly error and was so cross with myself for it.....but all now sorted. Thanks

Comment

The sign of a good curtain maker is to make a mistake BUT know how to get out of it............

Comment

Glad you managed to sort it out.

Best wishes
            Liz

Comment

Working...
            X