Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalloped bottoms - roman blinds

Hello All,

I'm having a run on scalloped bottom edged roman blinds at the moment and not all of them are being ordered by ladies of a certain age.

I really would love it if someone could post a picture of a well proportioned one as, even though mine are all being well received, I'm really not 100% happy with my scallops. Help would be most gratefully received.

Re: Scalloped bottoms - roman blinds

Not sure if this could help but here goes,,,,

colonial blinds
    I go a bit wobberly at the knees making any furnishings starting with s,,,,,,

Swags and Tails
    Scalloped edge anything!

I think this year I need to face my fears lol!!!
    I have looked at you tube and cant find anything there either Sorry

Comment

Hello all,
      I have just been searching the internet and found this about scalloped edge
      http://1ststeptosewingsuccess.blogspot. ... rfect.html
      l know this is about dressmaking but hope it helps you

Marela

Comment

Thank you Marela,

That's perfect! Just confirmed the fact that I feel I allow my Scallops to be too much of a circle rather than the bottom of the circle. Off to re-invent my scallops.

Again, many thanks!

Comment

Found these suggested as roller blind hem shapes - their 'scallop' is more of a wavy line......the second shape down is what they call colonial as mentioned in a previous post.

[attachment=0:2owat2lw]blind hem shapes1.jpg[/attachment:2owat2lw]
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Scalloped bottoms - roman blinds

Thank you Louise. More good pictures.

I have since found this photograph on the internet. I wonder if the sides are a half or whole scallop? They are much shallower than the ones I've been doing and think they're better for being so. Mine have been more like half circles.......Any views?

Comment

Do you think the shallower ones like in your photo would be easier to get a really nice smooth finish on? I always worry that tight corners/turns never quite lay flat even after clipping and pressing....... Certainly factory made blinds always seem to have the more wavy shape than the circular scallops (I guess that is for ease of production) but it may also be what customers expect if that is what they see in photos/showrooms.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I am totally with you Louise! Shallow is my way forward! Why make life harder than it needs be? I do have to admit to being surprised to being asked for four like this, all from different people when sleek lines are much smarter, to my mind at least...

Comment

Working...
                X