Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stab Stitching on Roman Blind

Hi,

I have nearly finished my first roman blind using all the advice and tips I have heard of on your fantastic site. Thanks to all you talented people I have constructed it without any visible stiches on the face fabric. So pleased with it, will use this method every time now. Can't wait to redo the blinds in my own house using this way.

My 3 questions are -
    1)it's a fairly long blind 262cms x 115cms. How far apart should the stab stiching be and should it be done 'thru the rod pckets and should the stiches be kept fairly loose?

2) I am having difficulty finding a suitable bottom bar- I know that I could perhaps order on line but would like to avoid the p&p for this one bar.
    I thought I would use a wooden bar instead, any ideas what be the right depth and strength for this ( the pocket is 4cms.)

3) I intend to cover a wooden batten ( headrail ) with lining but will prepare the screw holes first - is there anything I could use to cover the holes in the lining, after I've covered it, or do you think the screw heads should do the job, I just want to give as professional finish as poss.

Hope this makes sense.

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Stab Stiching on Roman Blind

Hi Cat C.

I'm pleased the site has helped you! I usually stab stitch every 15cm and 5cm in from each edge; however, I do space the stab stitches out according to the width. Always make sure you have a stab stitch under every ring and should be reasonably tight, but not so tight that they distort the fabrics - see picture below.
    [attachment=1:24a4avak]ring1.jpg[/attachment:24a4avak][attachment=0:24a4avak]Sprite 21.jpg[/attachment:24a4avak]

You can buy flat lengths of wood suitable for using as a weight bar from B&Q as well as dowels for using in the rod pockets. M&D do a great range of weight bars, rods and roman blind components and the p&p is reasonable.

I would also suggest you cover the batten using the same fabric as you made the blind out of.

Good luck and I hope you'll put a picture up of the completed blind?

Philikp
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that advice. When using the main fabric for covering the batten what do think would be the best method. I'm wondering how the drill holes will look 'thru the fabric and if there will be problems with fraying. I was wonderering of lightly painting glue around the screw holes?

Cat C.
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

They won't show through ..You can use a glue or a clear nail varnish.
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
        X