Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Construction Method for I/Lined Blinds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Construction Method for I/Lined Blinds?

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm whether it is best to interlock the interlining to the face fabric, and then separately interlock the interlining to the lining? Also is it really necessary to interlock along the fold line as well as along the rod pocket? Have several silk blinds to make shortly and I don't like the dimply effect of the stitches if it is all done in one go. I usually use a medium weight synthetic interlining as standard (even for silk), but am considering a lighter weight interlining, but not one prone to shrinking. I don't use the stab stitch method except for the bottom rod pocket. Advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Sue.

Re: Best Construction Method for I/Lined Blinds?

Hi Sue,
    I dont think there's any need to separately lockstitch the interlining to the fabric. Stitch the tape (or make the pockets) to the lining. Interline the fabric, cutting off the interlining just over the hem folds to reduce the bulk, then slipstitch lining in place. Then just stab stitch though all layers on each rod pocket about 15 cm apart. This is my method that I find works well.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
    X