Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side winder

Hi all,
    I have been using ryal chic side winder systems for my roman blinds, but am not overly happy with them, can anybody recomend a system to me
    TIA
    Gerry

Re: Side winder

I think some people have been using Decorquip and like them (haven't used them yet myself but intend to next time I need a track) I believe they assemble to your dimensions and deliver for free.

You can read some comments at http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.p...ecorquip#p2696

Contact

Decorquip
    Unit 14, Sir Alfred Owen Way
    Pontygwindy Industrial Estate
    Caerphilly
    CF83 2WX Tel 029 2088 0811 email [email protected]
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I use decorquip and I have to say both I and my fitter have been very impressed with the product and service. Peter at Decorquip is a very very helpful man!

I had a client recently whom stipulated she wanted safety boxes fitted to her rotary roman blind headrail system as she sadly lost her nephew due to strangulation by a loose roman blind cord. Decorquip provide safety boxes for a really reasonable cost , so I use them as standard now. I have also added a new term in my T&C to say that we are not responsible for accidental injuries should the safety boxes not be used.

So if you ask Peter nicely , he will send out a sample safety box with your order for you to trial. They are worth every penny and are really well designed too.

Comment

Is a safety box an enclosed track where you can't see the reel mechanism like this http://www.merrick-day.com/acatalog/...il_System.html or something else?
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise, its a little box device that is screwed to the wall. The side winding blind mechanism ( the ball chain) is passed through inside the device, so the side winding chain does'nt hang loose. The face of the box is then snapped on to enclose the beaded side winding chain.

I hope that made sense.

Comment

Hi Tam
            I use bead controllers from Jones and Co for the very same reason. I fit these with all my rotary chain mechanisms as standard. The customer is always delighted when I point out the safety aspect of these. It does say in the cataloque that you can't use them with chain joiners,this is rubbish they work just as well with them. You can't take any chances with something like this.
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I buy y side winding tracks from Price & Co, but M&D sell the same systems.

Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks all,
                the safety tips given are great I didn't even think about that
                I will be checking prices.
                TIA
                Gerry

Comment

Thanks for the safety box reply - I know the things you mean.....
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Have just received my first made-to-measure roman blind tracks from Decorquip and I'm very pleased with them. Easy to order over the phone, delivered in 5 working days as promised, and well packed. Also a few pounds cheaper than I had been paying for systems I had to cut to size.
                    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I have just downloaded the Decorquip price list which they very kindly emailed me, and unless I am mistaken, a geared headrail works out at nearly twice the price the price of one I have just bought from Hunter & Hyland (admittedly I am going to have to cut it down to the correct size). This was for a complete set.
                      Any one got any comments?
                      Rosannagh
                      Rosannagh

Comment

Make sure you are comparing like with like.....sorry, I don't know the Hunter & Hyland system.

Decorquip only supply the enclosed systems that some suppliers refer to as 'deluxe', not the other style often referred to as rotary tracks

[attachment=1:1azgo4ox]deluxeromanheader.jpg[/attachment:1azgo4ox]

[attachment=0:1azgo4ox]supertrackchainheader.jpg[/attachment:1azgo4ox]
                        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

No, It is the enclosed deluxe type.

R
                          Rosannagh

Comment

Sounds like you got a good price then.....delivery is free with Decorquip if that makes any difference....
                            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

It's £10 for delivery, but I need 10 of them, so that's not too bad - however, I haven't yet had to cut one to size, so I am not too sure how easy that is going to turn out to be - hope it goes OK. I thought I would experiment with one before ordering 10 more! They also make to measure, but this seems to be a much cheaper way of doing it. We'll see!
                              Rosannagh

Comment

Working...
                              X