Interlining with blackout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlining with blackout?

I'm working on the Marilyn Monroe blinds and wonder about how to layer the linings/interlinings, as there's an additional layer from normal.

She wants to use some yukky rubbery blackout she bought, so I'm using it as an interlining along with domette 160. My instinct is to use the domette against the face fabric, then add the blackout, followed by the proper lining.

Correct?

Re: Interlining with blackout?

Hello Bluebell..

Face fabric - interlining - B/O lining - lining.. I also fold the sides as you would with interlined curtains.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,
        I bought some bonded blackout/interlining that I used in place of the IL/BO layers for two clients who wanted blinds for bedrooms. I got it from the Curtain Facotury Outlet and my clients were pleased. It was easy to use as well. i just used it like an interlining. Thought this might help.

Comment

i live on the ground floor so want all my lining to look the same from the out side as i have sateen lined and interlined blinds in my living room and i dont want light in my room in the morning so need blackout in the bedroom, to get around this problem i place a layer of blackout then a layer of interlining then add the sateen as normal i'v used this method for the last 9 years and works perfectly and all my linings look the same from the outside.

I hope this helps
          TIA
          Gerry

Comment

I too use a sateen lining on the back of my roman blinds so the bonded black out is sandwiched between my face fabric and lining. Therefore mine look the same as my curtains. I just find it easier to handle the BO and IL as one smooth layer.

Comment

Hi Rosie

I too would normally use the bonded product but unfortunately for me this client supplied her own blackout so I had to use it.

It all went together nicely though so I'm well pleased with them. It was more fiddly than I'd like to handle the four layers, but it wasn't that big of a deal in the end.

Comment

Working...
              X