Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern matching on cascade blinds

Hi all

I saw a beautiful blind on a website (can't remember where, it was a long time ago). The blind was cascaded and the pattern matched perfectly so that it was continuous when the blind was raised. I have been struggling ever since to work out how this is possible. Has anyone got any technique for doing this? I am going distracted!!!

Thanks

Annie

Re: Pattern matching on cascade blinds

Hi Annie - I've dropped you a PM.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise - PLEEEASE share!!!
      As far as I'm aware it's not possible ......
      Jacqui
      Quarndon Curtain Design

Comment

I have written up how to make this work, will PM you.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise, I'd like to know too, I didn't think it was possible either!
          Yvonne

Comment

Thanks for the interest everyone - basically it can be done with most fabrics by altering the size of the rod pockets on the back of the blind.

I have worked on this in my workroom, and written up my method as a Guide for my learning website The Virtual Workroom. It is not uploaded yet, but if anyone is interested in purchasing it then please drop me a PM and I will send you details.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Ok - I sort of see what you mean! I would have to get my head around having all different rod measurements on the back! I'm assuming it can't be done with large pattern repeats ....
              Jacqui
              Quarndon Curtain Design

Comment

A while ago I posted about this topic and thought the following.

- You cannot make the blind to a specific drop - it has to fit the pattern repeat
                - the pattern repeat dictates the rod spacing
                - the larger the pattern repeat, the larger the rod spacing
                - big pattern repeats create a blind with such large folds that it will obscure a lot of the window when raised
                - if you can fit the blind high above the window recess this will help leave more of the window itself uncovered (as with any cascade fold blind)

In short, I think trying to cascade to pattern is an interesting 'on the table' exercise, but impractical in many customer situations.
                Now I have found a way to make this work I can confirm these points still stand - cascading to pattern only works with certain fabrics and is perhaps best suited to dress blinds.
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

An interesting mathematical exercise but would you ever want to put it into practise? The worst blind I have ever seen by a mile was cascaded pleated to pattern. The proportions were all wrong. I was scarred for life LOL. Then again I'm not a cascade fan and any cascade over 1cm gives me palpitations.

OK I know I'm in a minority, but I'm not sure it's a minority of one.

Maz

Comment

Working...
                  X