Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wide roman how many cords

Hi,
    I am making a wide roman blind, the stab stitch way. it is 77" wide. My question is how many cords to use.
    This is a blind i got from an interiors lady i do work for. Originally it was to be made with stripes going across and joins. I soon discussed the benefits of having the fabric railroaded and how much better it would look with the stripes going down, luckily her customer went for it.....phew.......i didnt relish making it the other way, trying to make sure all those stripes were perfectly in line with the folds, hem and top....
    Thanks
    Sharon

Re: wide roman how many cords

I would suggest at least 5 or maybe 6 cord drops. If the fabric is quite soft (i.e. a fold might not hold it's weight very well) then go for 6.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise....just in time im at that stage now
      sharon

Comment

Hi Sharon
        When making roman blinds my rings are sewn on at no more than 30cms apart (12"), so 6 cords sounds about right.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Have done 6. I'm really pleased with how it has turned out......but with success comes one of those aaarrggghhh moments.....i have to turn around 2 pairs of curtains made on the wrong side of the fabric. Designer didnt specifie, i decided what the right side was..............of course wrong choice.........lesson learned, i have told designer to always mark the face!!!
          sharon

Comment

Oh No Sharon

What a pain but dont worry I have done it too! as I am sure many of us have made the same mistake aswell.

Kathy
            K W Designs
            Bournemouth

Comment

Im feeling in a more positive mood now, just finished turning them around.....and i do think that time like this you have to try and focus on positives......like the fact that these are going to be eyelet curtains............how about if i hadnt of questioned at all, made them up ...how difficult would it have been to turn them round then......... that thought made me feel a whole lot better i can tell you......
              sharon

Comment

Working...
              X