Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cord lock

Hi all,

I have now switched to using headrails for my roman blinds, but one I have just made has to fit snugly inside a window recess and because it's being fixed to the window frame and headrail fixings stuck out too far, I have gone back to using a wooden batten for this one.

I bought a cord lock from M&D and forgive me if I'm being intensely stupid but I cannot seem to work out how to thread the cords through it!

I have sat for ages trying to poke them through the hole and it's driving me mad!

Any ideas or is there a knack that I don't have?

I'll steal one off one of my headrails if I can't get this one to work.

http://www.merrick-day.com/cgi-bin/sh00 ... aCORDLOCKT
    Kim

Re: cord lock

Try tweezers or a crochet hook. I know there's an illustration of it somewhere; I can picture it showing the pathway, so will have a think where I've seen it.

There may be guidance on the M&D website too.

Angie

Comment

Have you haven't done it by morning, give them a call - I've found the ladies at M&D very helpful in the past.
      Jane

Comment

Is there anything a bit firmer than blind cord that you could thread through first then use it to draw the cord through? Dental floss/tape has a bit of stiffness, or nylon string?

There are several sites with tips, perhaps if you take a look you might spot a lock that looks like yours..... http://www.simplesewingprojects.com/...ng_A_Cord_Lock or http://www.terrelldesigns.com/shop-c...tringshred.htm
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

The large opening faces the body of the blind, with the smaller side opening to the outside.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

HOORAH!! Got it! Thanks all, tweezers and persistence paid off.

It's always the simplest things that take the longest.

Thanks again people.
            Kim

Comment

Hi Kim,

I did exactly the same, spent ages puzzling over it. I now have a specially bent paperclip that I use for the purpose. This also helps when trying to get 3 or 4 cords through a small hole in the cord weight too.

Sue.

Comment

Haven't used these but have thought about doing so a few times......is there a limit to the number of cords you can thread through them?
                Jane

Comment

I often use 4 and think I have used 5 once.

Never had a problem with them. I offer them as an optional extra. They are a bit of a pain to operate on blinds inside the recess as you have to lift the blind forward to pull the cords towards the centre of the back of the blind. But the customers who have had them are happy with them.

Sue.

Comment

Working...
                  X