Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric end covers for roman blind headrails

Hi

I need to make 5 pairs of headrail end covers for some face fixed blinds. I have had a couple of attempts and am not really happy with my results. Any tips on how to make and attach these gratefully received.

Thanks.
    From Jo

Re: Fabric end covers for roman blind headrails

I covered the ends and top for a blind for myself, it is at the bottom of the stairs and I hated the top as I came down.

I made a strip to match the blind, the same depth and length of track and added the depth of the corners to the strip. I ironed the strip to buckram and folded the edges in onto double sided tape, folded the corners together and cut of the points, stuck any loose threads to the double sided tape. Cover it all in double side tape and stuck onto track. I should have changed the brackets to non lever ones but haven't bothered as photo shows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-10 16.12.50.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	115443Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-10 16.12.12.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	115444

Comment

Lovely blind. thank you for sharing this as I too have been thinking about doing something similar.
      KarenS

Comment

I've made these for headrails on a square bay. A piece of fabric about 10cm wide x 14cm, line it, bag it out, put in a v small inverted pleat at the top so I end up with about 2.5cm on the side that goes under the blind fabric and 3.5cm on the side that turns around the side to cover the headrail. The pleat helps it to turn the corner nicely. Turn the top over, sew velcro at the top and put sticky velcro on the headrail. I sewed the top edge on this one to the side of the blind bit haven't on others. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0700.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	115445

Comment

Sarah and Diana

Thanks for your replies. Two great solutions there.

I made them this afternoon using tie back buckram and am happy with the results at last!

Fitting tomorrow so hopefully customer will be happy too.
          From Jo

Comment

Working...
          X