Venetian blind slats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venetian blind slats

Just wondered if any of our 'blind' people know if I can replace central slats on a wooden venetian. My daughter has moved into a rental flat and it has cheap wooden venetians but some of the rather thin slats have broken. I had a quick look but they seem to be enclosed in a 'ladder' type thread. The blind are too long so I could take them from lower down but would appreciate advice if this is possible as its not one of my areas of expertise - (no rude comments there!).
    Thanks
    Janie

Re: Venetian blind slats

It's quite simple to repair them if there are spare slats at the bottom, I did some in a rental property last week. If there is a single string through the slats let the blind down, untie the knot at the bottom, pull out the cord to just above the broken slat (pull from within the ladder string not on the acorns or you may pull the cord out completely) remove the slats and replace with new, move bottom bar up ladders if necessary or put broken ones in at bottom, melt the end of the cord and rethread through going either side of the ladder string every now and again, put trhough the bottom and tie knot.
    hope thats clear enough
    Phil Lewis
    Shades Window Blinds

Comment

Re: Venetian blind slats

Thanks so much Phil, I had hoped you might have the answer. There is a single string but also the ladder string and it was that ladder string that I couldn't see how to get the slats in and out of, but I shall be there at the weekend and will let you know how I get on.
      Janie

Comment

Working...
      X