Tulip Blinds - Roman Headrails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tulip Blinds - Roman Headrails

That sounds great Marian. Sarian, do we have to use the plastic tassel 'acorn' provided with the system or can we substitute another one of customers choice ? Thanks.
    KarenS

Comment

kls technically you should use the tassel provided but the reality is that providing it is a tested component as all the end acorns are now, there shouldnt be a problem. The crucial bit that applies to the tested system is the safety orb at the end of the lift cord and the safety tassel that acts as a breakaway. Just make sure that the acorn you use has passed EN16434 but I have heard some people just leaving the thicker cord from the safety tassel without anything on the end so then it is the customers choice! Glad to hear that Mazripper was pleased with her order, another lady added to the ever growing band of happy customers that all of us at Tulip love looking after.

Comment

Can anyone help me please. There was a mix-up on my latest Tulip order and I received a chain for a 1:4 gear with P Clip. When the replacement chain arrived it was minus the installation instructions and where to place the breakaway devices. Has anyone a copy they could scan and E Mail to me or if the good people at Tulip are reading this perhaps you could upload a link to the latest copy. Otherwise I am very happy with the Tulip system and even with 23% VAT because there is no delivery charge they are still competitive. The little screws were a little bit difficult to loosen on the spools. I know you don't want them sliding around in transit but they were tighter than they needed to be.
        Thanks

Comment

Hi Suel Sorry to hear that there was a mixup, attached is the info sheet you requested. The only breakaway chain that will work with a 1:4 is our integrated plastic chain in white, the breakaways that attach to metal chains wont go through the gearwheel. Suggest you ring me on Monday morning to discuss what you need so I can get the parts you require in the post for delivery the following day. Here is the info sheet you requested Suel chain breakaway position feb 2015 update.pdf

Quick note to all Tulip customers, if you have a mixup, need urgent info or help please contact me direct as although I look at this site most days its always possible I could miss a request for assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by sarian View Post
            Hi Suel Sorry to hear that there was a mixup, attached is the info sheet you requested. The only breakaway chain that will work with a 1:4 is our integrated plastic chain in white, the breakaways that attach to metal chains wont go through the gearwheel. Suggest you ring me on Monday morning to discuss what you need so I can get the parts you require in the post for delivery the following day. Here is the info sheet you requested Suel [ATTACH]5867[/ATTACH]

Quick note to all Tulip customers, if you have a mixup, need urgent info or help please contact me direct as although I look at this site most days its always possible I could miss a request for assistance.
            Hi Sarian,

No problem, the replacement chain was sent out straight away and I have already received it. The notes for installation plus the document showing where to place the breaks/stops were missing though, so that is all I needed.

I am delivering Monday morning, which why I requested help through this site, otherwise I would have telephoned

Thanks for your help.
            Sue

Comment

Originally posted by suel View Post
              Hi Sarian,

No problem, the replacement chain was sent out straight away and I have already received it. The notes for installation plus the document showing where to place the breaks/stops were missing though, so that is all I needed.

I am delivering Monday morning, which why I requested help through this site, otherwise I would have telephoned

Thanks for your help.
              Sue
              Pleased between us we got it sorted out for you. I always monitor my emails over the weekend even if I dont come on line here as I always carry my phone, so if anyone wants anything urgent, contact me by email at [email protected] so I can help

Comment

Hello - me again! Just fiddling about with a very large blind on a Tulip headrail. Is it me or are the instructions on where to place the chain breaks and stoppers the wrong way around. My blind drops when I pull down on the front chain? Does it make a difference if it is left or right operation. If I follow the instructions that came with the headrail I cannot drop the blind because the break is just under the rail.
                Sue

Comment

Hello Sue
                  The chain breaker instructions are correct and it does not matter if its left or right drive. The two chain breakers should be on the back chain (down stroke) so that you are relying on gravity to help lower the blind and no pull on the breakers. The front chain does not have breakers on it, so that when you pull the blind up you are using chain without breakers, so you will not get a "false" break. The third breaker (which in fact is not a breaker but a stop) is fitted over the front chain at the top, just under the track when the blind is fully raised. This breaker is used stop the customer pulling the chain after it has achieved the fully raised position and therefore stopping the customer pulling the cords through the safety cord adjusters (orbs). If still not sure Sue we can call and we will talk you through installation.

Comment

Hello. I have a question about Tulip's sew on orbs please.

I had it in my head that you had to use the orb with a ring and the orb could be sewn on or attached with a cable tie.

I also saw the post on this thread by Rocky Robin about how to attach Tulip's sew on orb using a crocket hook - it is attached by a chain further down from the ring. My orb from them looks different though.

I'm sure I had read somewhere that you could use the sew on orb on the bottom rod instead of a ring. I called Tulip blinds about this today but the person I spoke to advised not to do so - that if I did that then it could compromise safety.
                    I have also seen Penny's video on how they attach the orb to their bottom rod and it looks as though they don't use a ring as well. The orbs I have from Tulip are somewhat different to the ones in Penny's videos - I'll try and send a photo.

Would anyone be able to clarify with the Tulip sew on orbs, as to whether they can be attached to the bottom instead of a ring please? I'm feeling a little confused

Comment

Here's a pic of the orb I have from Tulip....Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	115477

Comment

That looks similar to the orbs I use from Jones. These can be sewn on to the bottom rod pocket (no ring) but you must not tie a knot in the cord under the orb. If 6kg stress is put on the cord it has to slip out of the orb and release to meet regulations.

However, strictly speaking, it depends on how Tulip submitted their track for compliance testing.
                        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                          That looks similar to the orbs I use from Jones. These can be sewn on to the bottom rod pocket (no ring) but you must not tie a knot in the cord under the orb. If 6kg stress is put on the cord it has to slip out of the orb and release to meet regulations.

However, strictly speaking, it depends on how Tulip submitted their track for compliance testing.
                          Thanks Louise.
                          That's interesting. The orbs Tulip supplied me with says Jones on them.....hhmmm.
                          Do you sew these orbs on using the extra handle bit to them?......or do you sew them on the way as per Penny's video where the needle goes through the orb?
                          Thank you

Comment

The Tulip orbs are supplied by Jones (I asked this very thing previously!) I sew them onto the bottom rod pocket using the loop to the right hand side of your photo.

Kate

Comment

Thanks Kate.

I gave Tulip another call this morning. They've confirmed that I can sew them onto the bottom rod pocket. Just threw me when I spoke to someone there yesterday and they said they shouldn't be - that they had to be with a ring.
                              Confirmed that it can be either or.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X