Tulip Blinds - Roman Headrails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tulip Blinds - Roman Headrails

What headrail allowance is good for Tulip cassettes - 7/8cm? - using them for the first time myself this week.

Comment

Originally posted by DianaM View Post
      What headrail allowance is good for Tulip cassettes - 7/8cm? - using them for the first time myself this week.
      Gosh - I use 5cm with Tulip rails and most others. I have just got some slightly bigger blind rings I might go up to 5.5cm. Any more and I can see the blind being pulled up too far by the client and the the top fold hanging down over the rest of the folds.

Maz

Comment

Originally posted by Stitcher View Post
        Gosh - I use 5cm with Tulip rails and most others. I have just got some slightly bigger blind rings I might go up to 5.5cm. Any more and I can see the blind being pulled up too far by the client and the the top fold hanging down over the rest of the folds.

Maz
        I've been using 8cm recently with decorquip cassettes to get the pockets lined up but that's because their breakaway rings take up more space than standard rings when stacked. With Tulip I'll be back to standard rings so I'll give 6cm a go. I'd prefer the top fold to be a little too big than a litte too short as you can still then line up the pockets if the blind isn't raised right to the top so we must differ on that.

Comment

Hi Baz Please see private messages about contacting me, the fitting of it should be the easiest part, dont understand the comment about the chain being complicated, but I am sure if you phone me as suggested it will be something simple we can sort out quickly. Look forward to hearing from you, Ian aka Sarian
          Originally posted by Baz View Post
          fitting advice please, have just taken delivery of tulip made to measure track, the track is being fitted by customer but not sure about workings and would like advice, the chain provided seems quite complicated ??? any help much appreciated

Comment

Would anyone be kind enough to post a photo of exactly how and where to sew the orb to the bottom pocket. This is my first Tulip track and my orb s have tiny eyelets to sew them on.
            Thanks

Comment

you can use the miniature plastic cable ties available from Merrick and Day, saves a lot of faffing!

Comment

I use the cable ties, but I believe some people make a simple chain of thread, others create a loop of several stitches through the eyelet and tie-off. Use a strong thread like 36s. Attaching the orb is not part of the safety compliance so it is not vital how it is done, as long as it is secure to prevent the orb dropping off if the cord is released.
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I can't find a picture of the Tulip orb sewn in place, but this is a photo of how Denton Drapes use sew on orbs of a slightly different design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sewn on orb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	115295
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Suel the correct way to use our orbs and to ensure continued compliance is to sew the orb to the bottom pocket area so that the hole through the centre is running vertically, by sewing the orb on you prevent it being a choke hazard should the safety element operate. The blind lift cord is then threaded through the hole after depressing the plunger and left with a reasonable amount of cord to allow adjustment. DO NOT under any circumstances knot the lift cords as the safety element will not operate. Ref other comments about plastic ties, the only reason that these were used was to ensure that the orbs werent a choke hazard. Some people do very fancy chain stitches etc to hold the orb to the fabric but it's not necessary, a couple of well placed loops through the eyelet on the orb will suffice. On my demo blinds I have put three loops through the eyelet and then tied it off. It withstands the use of constant demonstrations with no problem even with my more standard of sewing. Give me a ring if you need more info, pm on here and I will send it to you.

Comment

Re: Tulip Blinds - Roman Headrails instructions on how to fit orb, cord etc

attached are the instructions for the orb, rail etc that you may find useful Public safety instructions July update.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by sarian View Post
                        Hi Suel the correct way to use our orbs and to ensure continued compliance is to sew the orb to the bottom pocket area so that the hole through the centre is running vertically, by sewing the orb on you prevent it being a choke hazard should the safety element operate. The blind lift cord is then threaded through the hole after depressing the plunger and left with a reasonable amount of cord to allow adjustment. DO NOT under any circumstances knot the lift cords as the safety element will not operate. Ref other comments about plastic ties, the only reason that these were used was to ensure that the orbs werent a choke hazard. Some people do very fancy chain stitches etc to hold the orb to the fabric but it's not necessary, a couple of well placed loops through the eyelet on the orb will suffice. On my demo blinds I have put three loops through the eyelet and then tied it off. It withstands the use of constant demonstrations with no problem even with my more standard of sewing. Give me a ring if you need more info, pm on here and I will send it to you.
                        Thank-you Sarian. Actually, in the end I used the cable ties and removed the eyelet, as suggested by some of the other users. What I have found is that once the cable tie is in place, the orb can no longer be depressed to make adjustments, but I have the blind perfectly aligned so it should not need any adjustment. The eyelet on my orbs is tiny compared to the picture in your PDF instructions making it difficult to sew on which is I why I asked for advice regarding what appears to be a very simple thing.

Also please can you advise how and where I fit the breakaway device on the chain because I only have one break in the chain and I seem to remember reading somewhere that two is advised. I have looked at various threads trying to locate this, but haven't been able to find it.

Finally are there any instructions to hand the client. This blind will be professionally fitted and I always include one of the Window Blind Cord Safety Sheets with my blinds? The safety tags will obviously be attached.

By the way Louise - that link was dead. But thanks anyway!

Many thanks.
                        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Stitcher View Post

Maz
                          I used 7cm, which was perfect.

Comment

Thanks for the note about the broken link - should now be fixed.

The Tulip instructions for using 2 chain breakaways are here in the Registered Members Area.
                            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Glad you got it sorted out Suel, the problem with depressing the orb with the eyelet sewn on is known and an upgrade is due as soon as our supplier can get the new parts to us that will eliminate the eyelet altogether. Both you and the guys in the factory will be relieved as the new orb still must be sewn on but the loop to attach it is built in making life a lot easier. It would be easy to be pedantic and say by fastening the orb by a cable tie and not sewing it, the blind is no longer compliant, which technically its not, but the reality is that the orb still works in the manner intended, the cord pulls through at 5.75 kgs if our 1.2mm cord is used and the orb is fastened so it doesn't become a choke hazard and most importantly of all, a child wont be at risk. Glad we got the link re established, if anyone ever wants information sheets, just PM me with your email and I will be happy to oblige.

Comment

Just wanted to say that I have just unpacked my 31 roman head rails from Tulip and all is great! I am a head rail/cassette novice but with lots of advice and handholding from Ian for my first order I am really pleased with the products. I also ordered some batten components and it all looks very straightforward. Many thanks Ian and Tulip!
                                Marian
                                Interiors, Made by Marian

Comment

Working...
                                X