best corded and non corded tracks for bay windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best corded and non corded tracks for bay windows

Could I ask what track you use and would recommend for bay windows? I'm looking for a corded and none corded option.

I have used rolls super glide corded in the past and was disappointed with the results. I have always gone for tracks that can be bent on site as opposed to having one professionally bent, is this where i'm going wrong? Also do you find metal or pvc best?

For this particular job the track is for medium weight sill length curtains (with a wonky sill!), but generally I need them for full length heavy curtains.

Many thanks
    Donna

I would say that pvc would be fine for this, but generally I go for metal tracks, and find Integra Ultraglide very good.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I used to be a fan of the Swish Superluxe (corded PVC) which can be bent by hand. However, over the years it has had a few subtle changes that have left me not using it as often. The PVC has become harder, so not as easy to form a smooth bend. I have even resorted to applying a touch of hot air to help bending!

Metal tracks (all) tend to be difficult to bend without the use of formers.

For uncorded I use SG 1080 and have a home-made former to assist with bending.
      John Quine
      Brooke Design
      Fylde Coast

Comment

Thanks Pen. I have used the ultraglide many times in the past and have always found it a fab little track but thought it was only for straight runs; I will have to double check now.

I had also thought about the Swish Superluxe so thanks for your comments John, I don't have a vast knowledge of tracks so it's great to have your input!
        Donna

Comment

Sorry, Ultraglide is only for straight runs. I like Silent Gliss for bays, and the uncorded 1280 isn't too expensive.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison

Comment

I usually use kirsch double duty tracks x
            Lucy Khanna
            Daniel James Furnishings

Comment

I'm an Evans girl - I like their metal tracks (which they will bend for you unless you want to buy your own machine) - and use their KS klick system as standard. They're made in Holland, and have very nice metal brackets. There is also a corded version of the same thing. Both very competitively priced, and I actually prefer them to Silent Gliss. The basic price for a bending machine is £195 + VAT, if you wanted to invest in it, and the nice people from Evans will come and train your fitter to use it FOC. Hope this helps!

Jackie

Comment

I have looked at the Evans tracks and have to agree that they are very good, both in quality and price.

One of the biggest problems is getting the customer to understand the quality. They go to B&Q and see tracks for £50/60 and then think that you're joking when you mention a £200/250 track, for their silk interlined curtains with braid to the edges!

The fact that its corded so they are not handling the curtain.
                The fact that the track will last for 15/20 years (will they be in the house that long?)
                These points are not always understood!

Its odd that some customers will ask/take your advice, and others don't/won't!
                John Quine
                Brooke Design
                Fylde Coast

Comment

Re: best corded and non corded tracks for bay windows

Just bumping this to the top. I have a client with a 6 sided bay plus they want curtains reverse bent entirely off the window. This is giving a total of approx 5.2M. Usually I have SG bent on-site. Are there any alternatives. Client wants hand operated. May be full length 2.5 drop or mid length 1.9. I have never ordered a factory bent track and I am filled with dread I might get the measuring and angles wrong. Plus I'm not sure whether you should follow the 6-sided shape or do a continuous curve. There is a batten already on the ceiling following the 6-sided shape or do a continuous curve. Help I am out of my comfort zone on this one and my usual fitter does not do reverse bent tracks.

Comment

Getting the measurements right for a bay is quite easy, as you use their form to supply the wall measurements, angles and cross-measurements. The factory feeds these into their computer program and it can check that all is correct. Don't know about about a track with three bends and reverse, whether it would be a bit of a faff to pull! So a curve may be better, it could be that some of the angles are so small that it's best to ignore them.
                    Kind regards
                    Pen Harrison

Comment

Sue there are two tracks I have used in the past that aren't corded and can do the bends forward and back. Speedy Products Fineline , I copied this from the top of their web page: http://webstore.speedy-products.co.u...cks-white.html And the other is a Ruffette decorative track: Acuto 45 which is one of those good looking tracks that you don't want to cover up: http://www.rufflette.com/media/wysiw...to_45_INFO.pdf
                      both can be manually bent, although with the wider Acuto 45 it's best to use the former/bender.
                      Caroline

Comment

Evans Textiles have 3 tracks that can be bent/reverse bent. I fitted one last year on a large bay with reverse bent to the front. It was almost 6 meters long in total. Interlined wave curtains were fitted and they run smoothly - all hand drawn.
                        We did a continuous curve rather than follow the angles of the windows. One thing I learnt from this is to know where the brackets should go or you will struggle with fitting. I ended up making a template on which I marked the positions where brackets should go and they made it according to that.
                        Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Working...
                        X