roman blind headrail, no screw fixing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roman blind headrail, no screw fixing

Does anyone have experience of fitting roman headrails into a tanked room? I think there are headrails designed for conservatories which don't require drilling to fit? has anyone used them? I think this may be a no can do situation....but always like to find a solution!!
    KarenS

I have used the tracks from Tulip (a bit like a batten) that use double-sided sticky stuff (very strong) that a customer has attached to PVC windows and all OK after several years. This might not be suitable for tanked walls though......
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Gosh, that's quite a challenge! Any adhesive is only as good enough as the surface it's adhering to, ie if a painted wall then can you be sure the paint won't flake off? My first thought was to glue a wood batten up to then put a blind headrail to. Give Tulip Blinds ( 00353 57 8627 111) a call, as they may have some extra info on their strong stick up headrail. If you do find something please let us know, won't you?
      Caroline

Comment

I have used the tulip tracks in a conservatory two / three years ago. They were very neat, but need to go back today as one has fallen down!!!! Not sure if its the heat or heavy handling. Going to email Tulip now to ask but would be interested to hear how you get on with this.

Comment

Unfortunately Tulip's blind for conservatories isnt suitable. I asked on the Facebook Curtain Track & Fitters UK page & had some helpful replies which all suggest using strong glue to fix a batten to the wall for the blind clips to be fixed to in the usual way. No Nails has been suggested based on experience as has Gripfill (pink tube). I'll let you know what I do if the job goes ahead.
          KarenS

Comment

Working...
          X