Unusual rings, clips and hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual rings, clips and hooks

I have to quote for a double-sided curtain so have been thinking of various different ways to hang it from an existing pole. I found these two sites which might be of interest to anyone needing a 'non-standard' solution...

Curtain Genius

Curtain Ring Clips
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Unusual rings, clips and hooks

Looking at the first site, I'm intrigued as to how one could use the transparent ring with prong hook? In fact most of the unusual prong hooks are new to me; perhaps they are to be used in conjunction with special heading tapes. What about those tiny square looking ones? Did you find something that you are going to use, Louise?
    Caroline

Comment

I am visiting the customer tomorrow to see the pole and where it is fitted (across the end of a corridor I think), the curtain is closed in cold weather for insulating one end of the cottage from the other. Hopefully I'll have more of an idea what I want to suggest after that.

I think some of the plastic hook devices are European, the ones with the round 'c' clip at the top are to snap on to pole rings I think....I'm not familiar with European tapes though. If you Google french curtain tape and look at images there are some photos that show them.

The long metal prong hooks are to use with what they describe as cartridge tape which has no gathering cords - I guess you create folds for pleats then use the prongs to hold them together.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

The multi prong hooks were used with heading tape to form pinch pleats.
        The prongs went up into the back of the pleats and prevented the pleats from pulling apart.
        John Quine
        Brooke Design
        Fylde Coast

Comment

Working...
        X