Price & Co breakable chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price & Co breakable chain

Has anyone used Price & Co roman track chain with the 'invisible breakaway'? It allows an endless chain with 1:4 mechanism.......

Also noticed their Ultra track has a crank option which is not pretty, but means there is no chain at all (it uses a white crank handle a bit like a shop awning has)

http://www.price-regency.co.uk/BlindRange.pdf
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Price & Co breakable chain

Evans do one which I have used. very good.

Comment

The Price one is different in that the breakaway is in the chain itself so you do not need the specific mechanism like the Evans system. When pulled too hard the chain 'bobbles' come apart to break the loop, can be snapped back together. Probably means it is less expensive????
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I've just seen the 'crank operated headrail system' in the new Price catalogue ; it would certainly end dilemmas over chain breakaways etc. But how long does the customer take to 'wind' down or up their blind? A lot longer than altering the slats of a venetian or vertical! I don't think this one's going to be popular. I can see it being useful for disabled people with limited arm movements though. The tiny 'in chain' breakaway looks very good and as you say, Louise, it would be cheap.
        Caroline

Comment

Working...
        X