• Show
Clear All

• Sliding Panel System

Has anyone any experience of this?
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Re: Sliding Panel System

No but I think Ikea do them if that helps!!

Comment

Hi Karen,

I use a company called Rol-lite for all my ready made venetian, rollers etc. They do sliding panels too - have never used them though. However I would imagine they would have a sample to show potential agents like yourself. Why not give them a ring and ask if you could have the number for the rep in your area and have a chat to them about it? Let me know if you need the office phone number!
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

Both Silent Gliss and Evans do these. Evans only provide for up to 5 panels, but Silent Gliss will do more - though much more expensive.

I am quoting for a six panel at moment - this is a first for me also.

Comment

I see that Jone & Co Nottingham also supply these but unfortunately their £25 carraige to Highlan Region, no matter how cheap they are will have priced them out of my range, but if u r further south they may be worh a look
          http://www.jones-interiors.com/
          Regards
          Mairi

Comment

Sliding panels are great and work well, I think in more contemporary settings. They operate more smoothly if the panels are joined together - some systems allow this with connecting screws, so only the first panel needs to be pulled and the others follow along.
            Two things to watch out for - the stackback of course, which is the width of a panel, and the depth of the tracking system - the more channels there are, the wider the track. But otherwise I think they are easy to specify. The panels are straightforward to make.
            The Silent Gliss system is excellent, but it is expensive.
            Regards
            Pen
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I saw a sliding panel up the other day, it did look stunning. It was being used as a front of a wardrobe rather than a window treatment. Worked well.
              Kindest Regards,
              Karen

Comment

I will be fitting the Silent Gliss system 2500 panel system for a customer soon so I will post feedback.

Client opted for four panels 15cm overlap and panels are joined will be operated by drawrod. Silent Gliss have a new website with video of some of the systems in operation. The folding panel system is something else. Yes pricey but its a top of the range system.
                Karen Rhodes
                Karen Rhodes Design
                Pole Design

Comment

hi karen i have the ikea ones in my kitchen in front of my patio door they ok but probaly get better qulity else where but they do the job and i matched one of panels too my roman blind in my kitchen and it ties in really well esther

Comment

Working...
                  X