X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Systems

Afternoon All,

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Have a question regarding the panel Systems. Has anyone ever made the panels to use with these? If so can you tell me how you finish the sides off, do you just have a small hem? do you line them? or get them laminated so the sides don't fray?

Any info greatly appreciated.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Panel Systems

Hi Karen,
    I made some a while back.
    What i did was to line them. I lay the fabric face down, lining on top then turned in the sides so there was a double turn then hand stitched the sides. turned up the hem like i do on a roman, then added a weight bar like a roman. velcro to the top, you guessed it , like a roman. Sorry i havent got pics...
    good luck with it.
    sharon

Comment

Hi Karen,
      You would have to hem the panels to stop them fraying. Lots of the panel companies supply laminated or non-fraying panels, but in a limited range of course! Side hems shouldn't be a problem, not like on roller blinds.

I think panels are a lovely effect, but I live in a converted barn so they dont really fit in!

Regards
      Pen
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi there,
        Yes, I made these last year for a right angled window, both different measurements, I think it was 13 panels in total. I put fabric and lining right sides together, stitched, then turned through,making sure it was really flat and not too bulky on the seams. Press everything really well, and turn up small hem and slide in weight bar. Velcro the top. ( one tip, they must be cut very accurately ) really looked great and the customer was very happy.
        Helen

Comment

Just out of interest - which panel system did you use to hang the fabric from Helen?
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Louise,
            it was Silent Gliss, very expensive I seem to remember...
            Helen

Comment

Thanks all for your advise, it all makes sense now!

Just out of interest if you don't mind me asking, how much did you charge to make these panels up?
              Kindest Regards,
              Karen

Comment

I am just sourcing out companies that make a hardware for these panel blinds, any other suggestions than Silent Gliss? Out of all the 'usual suspects' ie, Decorquip, H.H. Evan's I found do them, but have no idea what they are like, as there are no promotional photos to accompany them. Just need to find another company a tad cheaper than SG.

Comment

Jones do a made-to-measure panel system called Absolute.
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                  X