Roller Blind Max. Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Blind Max. Drop

I may need to make roller blinds with a drop of just over 200cm. I was wondering if there's a maximum amount of fabric that can fit comfortably on a roller. I've sent M&D this question but thought I'd see if anyone here has experience of long rollers.

On some of the readymade blind websites, the max. drop is approx. 160 - 190cm and this rang warning bells, especially as readymades are usually very thin, smooth fabric. I'd be interested to hear your opinions. Incidentally, the treatment does need to be roller blinds, not Roman or sliding panels, though if there's another solution I've overlooked I'd be very interested. It's for patio doors.

Angie

Re: Roller Blind Max. Drop

This company will make up to 275cm drop so it must be possible.They promote the fact that they use metal tubing for the roller - perhaps that makes a difference to how much fabric they will hold? (Or perhaps most blind companies use the same and it's just marketing....).

http://www.247blinds.co.uk/index.asp
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I use a company called Rol-Lite to laminate my blinds and they will go up to 210 cm.
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

Thanks Karen and Louise, I've had a look at the websites and had a quick chat with Rol-lite too.

Comment

Working...
        X