Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse Blinds ?

Hi All,

I have not been logged on for a while we have been having building work done at home and it has ben difficult to keep up.

I am looking for some advise on which companies you all use for roller blinds, verticals etc.

I currently buy my made to measure blinds from Price & Co and have done for the last 4 years, but I am very dis-satisfied with the service they have been giving.

I have had a visit from a rep from G8 window fashions who have shown me books from Eclipse blinds and I have compared the trade prices to Price & Co, I really like the range of rollers and the prices of their blinds are cheaper and they do not charge delivery.

Before I go ahead and invest in buying some more blinds books has anybody any experience of either G8 or eclipse blinds or who do you all buy your blinds from.

Any advise would be welcome.

Michelle

Re: Eclipse Blinds ?

Hi Michelle

Price & Co supplier is Arena (Hillary's to you and I).

G8 approached me too, but they wish to charge for the sample books, may I suggest you look around a bit more perhaps approach a local solely blind company itself.

Locally to me is Apollo Blinds. From a previously life, I happen to know the guy who is taking over the franchise (only discovered this last week) and I will stop using Arena and swap over to him as soon as his feet are under the table.

We have come to an 'agreement' about sharing showrooms, he displays my curtains in his showroom and I will display and sell his blinds. Reasoning behind this, as this particular solely blind supplier, makes the blinds and I can utilise his fitters if need be too.

HTH
    Morag

Comment

Hi Morag,

Thanks for your advise I will reply to your private message as well.

Michelle

Comment

Hi Michelle,

I recently used Decorquip for a couple of Rollers and a vertical and was pleased with the blinds. Ordering them was easy too. However, the order didn't arrive when I expected so I called to enquire and was promised a call back once they'd looked into it. I never did get that call back! However the order arrived later the next day. I do get a little frustrated with that kind of customer un-service, but I know other people here have used Decorquip and are happy with the service so I think this was probably a one off. The quality of the blinds was good and I'd definitely used them again. You can buy a simple sample book for about £6 which, if you don't sell a lot of rollers or verticals, is a good start.

Cheers
        Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue,

I have contacted eclipse direct at the moment just working through my various options with them.

Will let you know how I get on.

Michelle

Comment

I hve been using Decora Blinds for years now. They are based in Ireland but do a five day turn around and their prices are very good. They have just brought out a new comprehensive book of rollers and verticals in one book called the Fabric Box. Only down side is that you hve to buy their book. Lonsdale are based in St Albans Herts, a bit more pricey but very good service and quality of blinds. First book you have to buy but when you start ordering you get them free every year and updated regularly. I use Lonsdale for most of my rollers. They do a good sunscreen blind and voile rollers which I sell loads of. Also a good economy blackout range. Decora do affordable wooden blinds and an executive range but have just introduced a budget one which doesnt seem much different to their standard range and I was quite impressed with it. Good for lettings and those on low budget.

Hope this is of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
              Hi All,

I have not been logged on for a while we have been having building work done at home and it has ben difficult to keep up.

I am looking for some advise on which companies you all use for roller blinds, verticals etc.

I currently buy my made to measure blinds from Price & Co and have done for the last 4 years, but I am very dis-satisfied with the service they have been giving.

I have had a visit from a rep from G8 window fashions who have shown me books from Eclipse blinds and I have compared the trade prices to Price & Co, I really like the range of rollers and the prices of their blinds are cheaper and they do not charge delivery.

Before I go ahead and invest in buying some more blinds books has anybody any experience of either G8 or eclipse blinds or who do you all buy your blinds from.

Any advise would be welcome.

Michelle
              Hi Michelle

I have had a bad experience with Eclipse Blinds. I bought an electric vertical blind just under 4 years ago. It is now stuck in the closed position. Eclipse refuse to deal with me direct, only with the supplier. The supplier has been told that no spare parts are available as this model has not been produced for 2 years. The only solution ,Eclipse said, was buy a new blind! I do not expect to pay over £400.00 for a blind which has such a short life. Eclipse's attitude suggests they have no concern for their customers. I shall not be buying another Eclipse blind.

Val

Comment

I use eclipse for components all the time, never had a problem with them. I assume you bought a 'powershade' blind, I don't think 4 years is an unreasonable time to withdraw support for a product. They have a new reasonably priced motorised blind. Eclipse are part of hunter Douglas, which includes amo blinds, luxaflex, turnils. They went bust at some point which may explain why Powershade was not taken forward.
                For anyone who is thinking of buying hard blinds I would suggest you go along to the showcase in Coventry there looks to be a good selection of suppliers exhibiting, two or three seem to be offering cord free Roman systems
                Phil Lewis
                Shades Window Blinds

Comment

Hi, apologies for slightly going off topic but a previous poster mentioned Decora blinds...would you reccomend them ? particularly like the sound of the budget wooden blinds !

I have found in the past the main difference with 'budget' wooden venetians is that when they have been cut to size they don't stain the cut ends, sometimes there are no options for the controls either.

Comment

I buy lots of thier wood blinds as stock sized and alter myself, they have a good website to order online. You can order as made to measure blinds for next day turnaround everything is customised, you can now specify control sides and I think they will end stain for a surcharge.
                    Phil Lewis
                    Shades Window Blinds

Comment

Hi phil,
                      Do you use a standard chop saw to cut down the wooden blinds or are you using a bandsaw? Also do you need a electronic hoist to adjust the height or is there an easier way?
                      Regards
                      Taz

Comment

I use a chop saw with fine tooth blade, tape all slats together with masking tape, packed out with a few pieces of slat each end, to adust yhe drop i simply count the number of slats I need. I also leave the ladders long which allows me to correct any mistakes on site
                        Phil Lewis
                        Shades Window Blinds

Comment

Thanks Phil,
                          i was considering buying a band saw because i thought it would give a much neater cut but i think i will go along with your advise as i already have a surplus chop saw. Do you cut the headrail & slats in the same pass. or do you cut the wood slats first & then cut the headrail seperate. Do you stain the the ends after the cutting? cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X