Roller blinds for reducing sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller blinds for reducing sun

I've got a client with extremely large and wide south facing windows in her living room. Her furniture's fading and she's looking at getting roller blinds fitted to shut out the sun (she already has silk curtains that I made for her a couple of years ago, and fortunately they stack beyond the window so they're fine).

Any suggestions as to companies who could supply roller blinds that will shut out the sun during the day? They have to be white or cream.

Thanks

Re: Roller blinds for reducing sun

Price& Co have a wide variety of roller blinds, from black-out to dim-out, Carousel Blinds will send samples on request (01745 886677)as will Olympic blinds,(0158273787 New House Textiles sell just the sunscreen fabrics, but, as yet, I have been unable to find a supplier of the proper roller kits - other than the cheap DIY ones with the cord sidewinder & wooden spring loaded ones. There must be someone out there who sells them. Sunflex may also do blinds.

Julie
    Julie

Comment

If you don't mind buying retail I have used this company for blackout rollers - they have UV protection ones too, made to measure in the colours you need. http://www.247blinds.co.uk/spc_blinds.asp
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

I am new to this site and just moved on the weekend. Two big picture windows in livingroom facing west - very warm!Looks like there are truly knowledgeable people on this site - do you have any suggestions for black-out roller blinds in Canada? Perhaps Rona?

Comment

For New House Textiles fabric and make up service, I use a very good friends company

ABS contract Furnishers ltd

They make up to your specifications for a reasonable cost

Comment

I don't think many people here have experience outside the UK. There are a few US visitors, but none from Canada I think. I have tried, and failed, to find a Canadian forum where you might find local advice. There is a US organisation with a forum - http://forums.chfindustry.com/ which might have relevant suppliers/stores listed.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi breny503

If you want to totally block the sun out then blackout blinds with a good UV filter will work, but if you only want to shade the sun and keep the light you should opt for a general roller blind, still with UV protection but maybe a stiffened lace. Try Northern Blinds, Select blinds Canada. Paper pleated blinds are a nice option if you only want to shade the sun, and they are more interesting to look at and more of a feature rather than untility as a roller is.

Hope that helps!

Philip
                Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Bluebell, you could also try Olympic Blinds and Decorquip.
                  Kind regards
                  Pen Harrison
                  Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hey Louise & Philip - thank you so much for your help -

Comment

Blackout blinds are the best choice when you want to completely block the sun from entering the room. Another option you may consider are roman blinds, especially the ones which come with a blackout lining. I bought some for the nursery from this place http://www.kaboodle.com/store/blindsuk.net . They can also make blinds in made to measure sizes.

Comment

Working...
                      X