Roller blind chain safety

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller blind chain safety

Tulip (and maybe others?) can now supply roller blinds with the pop out wheel safety mechanism so the operating chain can be within 60cm of the floor and no wall clip required.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Evans have introduced the cog wheel mechanism as well. They're at Scottish Interiors next week so I'll take a look.
    CatherineL
    Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

Yes, I think I saw an announcement on social media...good that the roller mechanisms are catching up with romans
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

It's very interesting that the 'drop-out cog' is being offered for roller blinds as having experience of them for roman blinds I'm not ecstatic over them. A curtain maker friend hates them because she says the back of the blind can get worn with the chain rubbing. I had 2 customers that called me back because the cog dropped out and couldn't be found and I had to special order the whole of the mecanism (not just the missing cog!) Something I couldn't really make a profit on, in one case it was an elderly lady whom I couldn't bring myself to even ask for any money. The cost of replacement ball chain breakaway joiners is minimal if they break and get lost. But I've not had customers complaining that the chains break unnecessarily.
        Caroline

Comment

I haven't used the 'drop -out cog' safety mechanism, which I think Decorquip has also started offering, but it seems to me that it would only be practical in a situation where the top of the blind was easily reachable. If it drops out and you have to climb on a chair/ladder/worksurface to put it back (assuming it hasn't gone down the back of the furniture and disappeared!) its going to be very inconvenient. All the systems have their drawbacks, but I find the chain breakaways seem to work pretty well in most situations and allow the longest chain length.
          Best wishes
          Liz

Comment

I only use the pull out cogs for long blinds where a chain with breakaway would not work...
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X