roller blind fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roller blind fab

I am going to see a customer and she wants a roman blind and a roller blind. never been into roller blinds as yet. can she pick any of the fabrics or is there some dos and donts. can i use any fabric that is used for curtains and upholstery fabrics or would it just be curtain fabrics

Re: roller blind fab

Roller blind fabrics normally need to be stiffened, as you can't sew side hems on a roller and stiffening helps stop the fraying. I would use a firmly woven fabric, preferably cotton, as it will absorb the solution better.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi there are several companies who will laminate your fabric and make up into roller blinds i wouldnt recommend that you try to stiffen the fabric yourself i never think the finished result is very satisfactory also dont try and laminate afabric with a loose weave running across the back as the glue wont stick to it . Blind Fashions do a good service although they are quiet expensive but the finished product is amazing hope his helps

Comment

I use a very good friend of mines contract company. You arrange direct delivery of your fabric, they make up the finished product and deliver straight back to you ready for fitting. Turn around time is 10 days from receipt of fabric. Some fabrics are unsuitable for example embroidered fabrics, but if you send them a sample they will advise if its suitable to use or not.

abs contract furnishers

I can highly recommed them

Comment

I didn't mention having the fabric laminated and the blind made up by another company, as the cost is quite high. I will make a note of these two companies, though, for future use! Thanks.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I use Stevens in Scotland for my laminated roller blinds - very reasonably priced and quick turnaround.
            Yvonne

Comment

Working...
            X