Roller, Vertical, ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller, Vertical, ect

Have just bought the blinds collection books from Streets great books, quite a few people have asked about them so thought i'd give it a go. Thing is i have no idea how much to charge for fitting, can anyone help please. I don't charge for fitting curtains so i'm lost on this one. What company do you all use to supply your blinds ?

Regards
    Irene

Re: Roller, Vertical, ect

I use olympic blinds. They are very good. Aimed at the middle market. For top end of the market Silent Gliss.

Disuss the fitting with your fitter. Add your mark up.
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Comment

Price and co now have a good selection of rollers vertical venetian blinds, they also have a selection of tracks and poles etc.

Comment

Thanks Karen, [email protected] and Louise, cannot get hold of a fitter no ones seems to be interested, so have roped in my husband again, hence the question on pricing, its not something he enjoys doing he's not what you would call a diy'er "bless him" but he will have a go. The amount of times we have done things and not charged just to get the job!!! So thought with the blinds we can't be to soft and fit them for nothing, the mark up is about 40% so i'v been told, so need to charge for our time. Sorry if that sounds long winded........

Regards
        Irene

Comment

I have a chance of offering contract blinds to a small local college, I have the Streets collection though theres not much in the way of contract blinds in there collection. Hi Karen you mentioned you use Olympic blinds do they do contract? and if so is there a good selection on all blinds vertical roller venetion etc. Or do you know of a company that do's a good range. I have been on the net but theres so many to choose from don't know where to start. Hi Tamb you mentioned Price and co do you Know if they have a good range of contract. Have to do a measure up soon and put in a quote could lead to more work if this comes off. This is all new to me so want to get it right.

Thanks all

Irene

Comment

Irene give this company a call and ask for a brochure and price list - they manufacture blinds of all types, good quality stuff and very cheap.. Cut out the middle man and go direct, they also inc p&p on all prices.

North Notts Blinds (mfg) ltd

Philip
            Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi
              For my school contracts, I use Carnival FR range which I thinks is Louverlite supplied by a local firm.
              This is a decent fabric that is reasonable in cost.
              Cheers
              Clark

Comment

Thanks Philip and Clark,

I will get in touch with both companies

Regards

Irene

Comment

Hi All
                  Can anyone help me. I have been to price a job this morning. One of the things she has asked me to make is panels at her window she does not want blinds, but something that is quite sheer either Light Linen, of even muslim, she wants them roded at the top with no gather and to full straight with weights at the bottom she has 10 panels. I have never been asked to do a job like this. So can anybody help Please.

Geraldine
                  Couture curtains

Comment

Hi Geraldine

Funnily enough, today I measured up some replacement for panels just like the ones you describe - the original panels I supplied 10 years ago!! I also had to measure up the neighbours windows too - two for one visit!!

Blind Fashion make them up for me - with loop velcro behind the top batten. The hook Velcro can either be stapled directly into the window frame or alternatively I paint a wooden batten the same colour as the window frame, attach the velcro to that and screw it into the frame. This allows the client to be able to remove them easily for window cleaning.

Blind fashion charge them out the same as their sheerweave roller blinds (no mechanism but extra labour making top pocket and attaching velcro)

Katie

Comment

Working...
                    X