Pelmet for roller blind tracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelmet for roller blind tracking

Hello, today I am turning my attention to roller blinds and wonder if there is a tutorial on how to make a small cover (I assume pelmet) to hide the top of a roller blind (that cannot be reverse rolled or put on a cassette)? (And I assume such a cover would also work for the casing on a Roman blind)? Not really sure what materials to use to make it stiff so any advice greatly received.
    Many thanks, Bev

Re: Pelmet for roller blind tracking

I think Penny at Denton Drapes makes little pelmets from Essex board for some of her romans - there may be info/pics on her blog or Facebook page?

They would be light enough to 'sit' on the track and be held in place with tabs of Velcro...so that might work for rollers too?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yes, I would make it from Essex board, but you could use wood and ply, you can make it the same way as an ordinary pelmet. If it's in a recess you only need to make a front piece. Some roller blind manufacturers offer matching pelmets for their rollers.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thank you thecurtainmaker and how would I attach it to the roller blind or is it attached to something like a small wooden shelf with the roller being top fixed? Sorry if I'm missing something

Comment

Sorry, I didn't think it through. You can put a pelmet shelf above the roller and velcro to that, or you will need to make a box pelmet and fit the roller inside, unless anyone else has any ideas.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

If its in a recess you can attach it to the front of a batten which you can site just in front of the roller, you can also do it as you describe just as you would with any pelmet. I'll see if I can find a photo of one I've made & fitted in a recess.
            KarenS

Comment

Working...
            X