Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing rings on London Blind

Hello again

Can anyone tell me how far up from the bottom to place the first ring when sewing the rings onto the back of a London blind? The picture in the Merrick and Day book shows the first ring quite a way up from the bottom, but when I have done Austrian blinds in the past, I have always put the first ring quite near the bottom.

Thanks

Gail
    Gail

Re: Sewing rings on London Blind

Good morning Gail
    Looking at my NDA notes the first ring goes close to the bottom of the blind. They say 1cm from bottom hem. Sew rings 12-20cm apart. And you need an even number of rings. Hope it helps.
    Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Thanks for the tips Charl - first time I have done London blinds.
      Gail

Comment

Hi Charl

Do you notes say how far from the top of the blind to put the last ring?

Cheers

Gail
        Gail

Comment

Hi Gail

The notes states that the top ring is sewn 2 'spaces' from the top of the blind. If your rings are 15cm apart then the top ring is 30cm from the top of the blind. Hope that helps.
          Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

I would usually have an edging or a trim to the base of the blind, so putting a ring right at the base would pull that up where you can't see it. If my rings are 15cms apart vertically, I would have the last ring at the bottom half that (7.5cms) from the hem.
            Also, putting in a covered base bar between the bottom rings keeps the pleats straight.
            Gill

Comment

Working...
            X