London Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philip,
    is that horse looking upset because you used its blanket ???

Comment

Re: London Blinds

I know this was started some time ago, but have only just found this thread......so I thought i'd bump it up.

I made a london blind for our bedroom in our old house. (about 10 years ago) It was simply lined (not interlined), and it hung just into the recess of window. It worked just fine, and didnt need to be re-dressed everytime we pulled it up.

To operate it was the old fashioned way of using cords, rings and cleat hook on the wall, I didnt know about rotary chain gizmos at the time, but not that I think that should make a difference on the way it should hang/move /dress.

I think it looked good, just adding enough body and movement without being too OTT. You don't see too many of them nowadays and I havent been asked for to make one in ages

Comment

Re: London Blinds

SO pleased this came to the top again - just quoting for some windows in an Edinburgh town house, where the alternative is very long interlined curtains. This treatment is perfect for that sort of Georgian window, and I think will look wonderful made up in tweed with some leather trim - probably some kilt buckles - at the top. Thanks everyone!

Jackie

Comment

Working...
        X