London shade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London shade

hello, its been long time that i been here. This site has gone big well its good. i need to make a london shade and would like if there is any video that i can lookup please?

thank you
    Maria

Re: London shade

I'm not aware of a good video, but there is a basic tutorial here. When I make them I sew rings on the back, rather than use the looped tape it mentions.....

If you have the M&D Encyclopaedia there are instructions there too.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I currently have London and Austrian Blinds crossed through on my price list as I am still not sure how I can make them compliant. Too much fabric weight per cord orb to make them workable and not keep sliding through.

Let me know if you have a method.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by suel View Post
        I currently have London and Austrian Blinds crossed through on my price list as I am still not sure how I can make them compliant. Too much fabric weight per cord orb to make them workable and not keep sliding through.

Let me know if you have a method.

Thanks.
        I haven't tried it but I wonder if two cords (and two orbs) on each set of rings would help with this?

Maz

Comment

I've made four big London blinds recently. Each one was 2 metres wide, 2.3 metre drop, 3 pleats, 2 scoops and interlined with lightweight domette.

They were installed on Evans BS Premier 1:4 headrails (the heavy duty ones, with the integral breakaway) with 3 cord drops, one for each pleat. Saw the blinds again at the client's last weekend and I'm pleased to say they were looking good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060063.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	115505
          CatherineL
          Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

They look lovely Catherine!

Comment

Originally posted by CatherineL View Post
              I've made four big London blinds recently. Each one was 2 metres wide, 2.3 metre drop, 3 pleats, 2 scoops and interlined with lightweight domette.

They were installed on Evans BS Premier 1:4 headrails (the heavy duty ones, with the integral breakaway) with 3 cord drops, one for each pleat. Saw the blinds again at the client's last weekend and I'm pleased to say they were looking good!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6184[/ATTACH]
              Hi Catherine.
              They look absolutely stunning.

What sort of safety device to these tracks use on the bottom pocket. I use Jones orbs and/or Tulip headrails. I don't believe the orbs will hold the cord tightly enough with all that weight.

TIA

Comment

Suel, they've got Evans' orbs at the bottom ring. The ones for sewn-in rod pockets, rather than the ones for using with tape.

I had a long conversation with Evans about how much weight each cord could bear, especially as there are only 3 cord drops. And so far (touch wood), everything seems to be staying securely in place. Probably helps that there are working shutters behind the blinds, so they're not being raised and lowered every day. Mind you, I wouldn't fancy trying to dress them in every day anyway. Far too time-consuming!
                CatherineL
                Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

Working...
                X