X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yvonne campbell
    replied
    Re: austrian blind

hi everyone.. just finished my austrian blind looks stunning... well pleased with the finished blind... people say theyre dust and bug collectors.. but was told a long time ago to put horse chestnuts in the corner of your rooms and you wont get creepy crawlers yuk..believe me it works as for the dust WELL .. more hoovering lol ... really pleased. will post picture when iv hung it ..
    yvonne.

Leave a comment:

• yvonne campbell
    replied

thank you louise... looking forward to getting started.
    yvonne

Leave a comment:

• Louise
    replied

You should be able to get the book from your library too.

As a guide Austrian blinds are usually 2x fullness (i.e. 2 x required finished width) and overlong so that there are still some folds at the bottom even when down.

Leave a comment:

• yvonne campbell
    replied

thank you lizzie will look ... new at the forum... and just trying to find my way round lol ...
    yvonne

Leave a comment:

• lizziesi
    replied

You might find Merrick & Day's Encyclopedia a good reference. Do you have this book? If not you might be able to get it on ebay.

Leave a comment:

• yvonne campbell
    started a topic austrian blind

austrian blind

hi every one .. was wondering can any one help im making a austrian blind my pole size is 48" and the drop is 52" and not sure of how many widths of fabric to use.. im making it so it can be used ... can any one please help...
Working...
X