Arched Shaped Top to an Austrian Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arched Shaped Top to an Austrian Blind

I wondered if anyone could please tell me what they think.
    I have a customer who wants an austrian blind fitted into the recess of an arch shaped window.
    I can't make up my mind if I should put some fullness into the top of the arch with two inverted pleats or to leave the top flat.This will give a lovely smooth appearnce. Then I could add fullness to the length to give the ruching effect when the blind is down.
    The fabric is Kirkby House Oriana a beautiful embroidred satin.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Arched Shaped Top to an Austrian Blind

Hi everyone
    I see that there have been lots of views of my post, does any one have an opinion as to how I should proceed it would be very much appreciated.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Penny,
      I shall jump in and give my view.

An austrian blind is gathered at the top like a curtain, but is operated like a blind and is flat when down. It can have some extra fullness at the bottom.
      A Festoon blind is like an Austrian, but is gathered down the length which stays in place when the blind is down. Only suitable for lightweight fabrics/voiles.
      A London blind looks flat when down, but it has two inverted pleats along the top edge, and these open out when the blind it pulled up. The inside of the pleats can be made in a constrasting fabric.
      all of these blinds need to be dressed each time they are operated.

A London I think would look best in this situation.
      So what is it your customer wants? Make sure you and she knows what she's getting!
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thank you for your reply Pen.
        Your descriptions were very useful.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...