batten fix for stab stitching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batten fix for stab stitching

I have not posted a thread since my first one at least a year ago, but I know I will get wonderful help from you all out there. First of all I intend to fix a batten pulley system to my workroom ceiling for stab stitching. I found the video showing how a few days ago and failed to note the thread used-please can you help before I go mad? The second thing is I have a roman to make, does anyone still make up using inches where they can like me? The blind is 89" drop, on a headrail, it's to be a cascade blind, have only ever done one but was years ago. Can someone please do the calculations for the pocket spacing. The blind calculator is just not sinking into my brain at the moment

Re: baton fix for stab stitching

Molls, the roman blind calculator on this website also does for cascade spacings. Find the blind calculator button on the home page.
    Caroline

Comment

Thanks Caroline, have used the calculator but it only goes to 5 rods, making the pockets too large for an 89" (227cm) drop, or have I missed something

Comment

Hi Molls

How many rods are you thinking of putting in? With 5 rods and a 1cm cascade the blind will pull up to around 30cm assuming an 8cm heading allowance. Depending on the window I'd probably only put 4 rods in. Don't forget the blind will pull up to the depth of the bottom pocket plus the heading allowance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	227.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	115317 Click image for larger version

Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	115316
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I realize I've never done one with such a long drop. The usual distance btwn pockets is more like 30cm so the bigger space did'nt seem right to me; longer window= more rods. So would you do 2cm cascade to make a longer fin drop when pulled up. It's 3 blinds in a bay with dress curtains in a lounge.

Comment

The larger bottom spaces are compensated by the smaller spaces towards the top, it all evens out. On such a big window I wouldn't want the blind to pull up and disappear at the top. If you want a longer finished drop use 3 rods - I don't like a large cascade myself, but I appreciate it's a matter of choice.

Make a mock blind up using lining and see what works best for the drop.

If you used 3 rods the blind would pull up to less than 45cm, leaving over 1.8 metres of window which is a door for most homes.

Click image for larger version

Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	115318

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Think I'll try the 4 rods as you suggested and make a mock one. As you say don't want it to be too short at the top. A practice is the best thing. Thanks so much for your help Schuhby

Comment

I wouldn't make a full blind up as a practice piece, folding a piece of lining to the correct sizes will give you enough to go on.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
                X