Twintex blinds anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twintex blinds anyone?

I've been seeing this name around and am a little confused. Does it refer to romans and roller blinds that are created in two fabrics, such as a patterned centre panel surrounded by a plain contrast border? Or is it a new type of roller that essentially the fabric has horizontal and alternating opaque and sheer bands? The fabric doubles back on itself so when operated the fabric moves and the effect is either to cut out light or gently filter it according to how the bands overlap. I've seen photos of both and even the 'Twintex' roller with two layers of banded fabric goes under the name of 'Plisse' I think, so it's not a 'Brand Name' it seems. Discussion anyone?
    Caroline

Re: Twintex blinds anyone?

I've seen blinds like these - with the double layer of banded fabric - also called 'Vision' blinds! I think each manufacturer has given the same idea their own name. Most confusing!!

Comment

I've always known the name Plisse to be a pleated blind, from Luxaflex (I think)
      The horizontal banded roller blinds that I have been fitting are known as Duo Roller Blinds.

Funny old world!
      John Quine
      Brooke Design
      Fylde Coast

Comment

I've always known the name Plisse to be a pleated blind, from Luxaflex (I think)
        The horizontal banded roller blinds that I have been fitting are known as Duo Roller Blinds.

Funny old world!
        John Quine
        Brooke Design
        Fylde Coast

Comment

If you google Twintex they are produced by a firm called Corcorn Window Furnishings. It looks like an alternative to a roman more of a laminated blind
          Melcurtains

Comment

Working...
          X