Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valance on pole how would you do it?

hi everyone,
    I have a lady who wants curtains and valance making. She all ready has curtain track and pole in placefrom previous curtains.. Curtains will go on track and valance is to go on pole. It was decided the valance would be hung from the pole rings and a return could be fixed to the wall with a small eye hook.On returning to the lady the next week to pick up her fabric she announced she didnt want the rings of the pole showing and on talking to her 'friend' had been told they dont have to be, there are lots of ways of doing it without showing the rings (This is a good friend who does'nt sew) I can think of a couple of ways to do this but not with a return. Any ideas please I have to start this in the next couple of days?

Sat h sueere waiting and hoping and thinking what are good friends for

Re: valance on pole how would you do it?

You could shape the returns to fit under the pole by cutting them down from the ring just before the finial.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Does she mean she wants a slotted top heading? You can on this heading take the valance back to the wall over the end of the pole. Screw the finials and brackets through the valance.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

thankyou for that,I had thought of a slotted heading and taking off the finials to make returns but for some reason it hadnt entered my head to put them back on afterwards. Thankyou both .

Sue

Comment

Working...
        X