Getting exact measurements of pelmet boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting exact measurements of pelmet boards

I recently had a brainwave, whilst I was struggling to measure a very high pelmet board with lots of angles on it. I attached the Velcro to it, whilst marking the angles on the throw away strip as I went. I then took this back to my workroom as a perfect template.

I was then able to make the pelmet with the pleats perfectly spaced without any worry that it would not fit when I got to the clients for fitting.

I am very pleased that I worked this one out for myself - sorry if you have all been doing it like this for years, but I thought I would share!

Sue.

Re: Getting exact measurements of pelmet boards

Hello Sue,

I have never thought of doing it like that. What a good idea. I will definitely use 'your' method from now on.

Thank you!

Comment

Wow what a fab top tip,
      thanks Sue, brilliant !

Comment

Thanks for sharing that great tip Sue.
        I had to fit a pinch pleat pelmet yesterday that i have had for nearly 12 months, they kept delaying it....i did get a bit worried that after sooo long would it fit, having irrational thoughts that maybe the pelmet booard might have shrunk in those 12 months.lol.............i shouldnt have worried it fit perfect...
        sharon

Comment

Well done Sue great tip. Just done a very long triple pleat valance and I was worried were the pleats would fall but all ok thank goodnes but your idea would have stopped that.

Comment

What I love about this site is the fact that people are willing to share their tips I love this one and will be using it when ever I have to do a pelmets or valances. Great tip,

Thank you for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X