inverted kick pleat valance for a bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inverted kick pleat valance for a bay

I was looking for a little help. I've been asked to make an valance for a bay window with inverted kick pleats at the corners. The fabric is a plain velvet. I was wondering what allowance you would use for the pleats? I've also seen them with weighted wooden bars at the bottom, do you think this is necessary? And finally if anyone has any extra hints and tips that would be great.

Re: inverted kick pleat valance for a bay

With normal fabric I would have between 10-15 for the size of pleat so you would need to allow double that for the fold back, however I have not done this in a velvet so maybe someone else can answer that bit.
    You will struggle with wooden bars at the corners as the pleat will go around a corner. I have never used weights in my kick pleat valances.

Comment

Re: inverted kick pleat valance for a bay

Thanks Lizzy, my initial thought was a pleat size of 20cm (40cm fabric) think I'll play around a bit and see what looks good. Customer already has a linen one in her bedroom and that has wooden batons on he flat bits only although I have no idea how they got them in there and how they got them to stay. Hopefully the velvet will be think enough to hang well.

Comment

Working...
      X