Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabric wrapped on a pole

Hi
    any advice on fullness etc on wrapping fabric around a pole pole is 86 inches
    also i am adding the fabric to roman blinds would they look odd having a border top and bottomor just stick to a bottom border
    many thanks
    lss

Re: fabric wrapped on a pole

Hi,
    I have made Romans with borders top, bottom and sides. You must be really accurate with the centre piece of fabric, so that the borders end up the same size top and bottom. Quite a bit of planning and no room for error. Avoid the top one if you can!

Sue.

Comment

many thanks sue i think i will put a piece just along the bottom as it is a check fabric
      lss

Comment

HI LSS,

I think you are right in putting border just along bottom especially if its a check because theres a lot going on anyway. Can you not get some long cord and wrap it around the pole draping it how you would your fabric then measure when you take it off ? Think that should work.

Irene

Comment

I have some really cheap polycotton lining that I keep for the purpose of making pole wrapping templates or scarf swags. I just keep reusing it, and use it for wrapping curtains for delivery or using for bandaging after hanging. It keeps getting smaller each time but it is comforting to know you have done a proper toile to the right size. I usually find a full width folded lengthwise is sufficient depth etc. for a casual wrapped pole type thingy.

Sue.

Comment

Working...
          X