swags for bays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swags for bays

Any one have any tips? Tried not to look horrified when the customer requested it, would normally have said 'no' but other people manage it so i'm just going to have to learn!
    Can do two overlapping swags for the centre and a single swag on each side with tails, angle not too steep. Am thinking I can staple on to a board in three sections. Do I make a Jabot for the two corners stapling half on each board? Any other ideas or pics?

Thanks!
    Anne

Re: swags for bays

Hi Anne,

I can't believe that none of the swag experts have jumped to answer your question. Shame on them!

In my very humble opinion, you need to say the dimensions of your bay before you decide on the number of swags you will make as the patterns need to be drafted to the correct proportions. When I was as Penny's, we thought initially we would be able to do a bed canopy with three swags down each side and two across the bottom but it soon became obvious that they would look to stretched out sideways so we had to change to four along each side and three across the bottom.

If we had stuck with three and two, they would have had to be extra deep to look balanced. You won't want them hanging too low at your window, so you need to think about this before you decide on how many.

Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will be along to tell you what to do!!!

Comment

If you go to our website: http://www.leeparkerinc.com and click on products, valances & shades - the 12th thumbnail shows a bay we did with underswags instead of jabots. We have also done them with center jabots.

Bonnie

Comment

Wow Bonnie! Is that your company? What an amazing collection of work!

Underswags are an excellent idea to add to the swags/tails/jabots mix!

Comment

Hi Jules,

No, not my company; but the owner has been in business 30 years. I am the Office Manager & also Workroom Operations Manager. I have been sewing for many years but now I supervise, go over work orders with the girls, make sure they are using correct fabric & trims,etc.

Bonnie

Comment

Well, hats off to you Bonnie! They seem to know what they're doing!

Comment

Working...
            X