Pole swags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole swags

I saw Philips post re pole swags which is what I want to try and do for this window if someone will agree with me it is feasible! or does anyone think it could be too fussy? if so can you suggest anything else? I don't want to do curtains as they will take out too much light. The room is a bar area to a tearoom and in the main restaurant I have already done bordered pelmets but I wanted this room to be a little different. The ceilings are low only about 6'6" high with beams.

[attachment=0:2bunqj82]swags and tails.jpg[/attachment:2bunqj82]
    The proportions are 116" wide with a 51" drop. Can anyone help please by checking my drop measurements? For the swag I was thinking of a 10" drop, a fifth of the window drop with tails of 20". I did wonder if 12" and 24" may be better?

Susan

Re: Pole swags

If you are not sure about swags, take a quick look at the M'Fay patterns that Pen stocks at Collybrook patterns.
    I have the Queen Anne Valance and it is easy to use including planning pattern placement.

You can see an even larger selection at the M'Fay site MFay but the shipping costs make them considerably more expensive.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Re: Pole swags

This would look nice with pole swags - either 2 or 4 and with shaped tails the full length of the window. I would not use any finials. The gaps between the pole and the swags would create a lighter look and you could use an unlined voile or lightweight fabric to to keep any airy feel to it.
      Julie
      Julie

Comment

Working...
      X