Ceiling high swag boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling high swag boards

Hi all, long time no posts! hubby had custody of the pc morning noon and night so I'm a little out of the loop!.

I have some swags and tails to do for a new client and they need to be as high as the ceilings. When I have made swags before I have used velcro to fasten the swags to the board and have attached them on site and used a staple gun for extra securtiy when they are up. If the boards are going to be just below the ceiling then I'll have no clearance to attach the swags so do I do keep the boards here and attach the swags off site then deliver them all complete? If so do I need to pre-drill the boards for the brackets so they go up easier?

Bit confused!

Cheers, Kim
    Kim

Re: Ceiling high swag boards

I have not done this myself, but have taken down a client's swags to replace with a valance.......this was fitted up to the ceiling and the swags were stapled in place. They can only have been fixed in place with the board down, then I guess 2 or maybe even 3 people (they were wide patio doors) worked to fit the boards up already dressed with the swags and tails.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise, that's what I thought. Not looking forward to transporting them fully attached though! I'll worry about that later. Kim
      Kim

Comment

You could attach them to the boards on site before putting the boards up, that way you dont have to transport them attached. Downside is you are longer on site.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
        X