Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M & D Book

Hi All,

I treated myself to the S & T Book several months ago and frankly looked at it and put it away. Have been so busy recently but I now have an order for swags and tails. Client has pole already in situ - and having a quick look at the book, find that her pole is not listed in the range of sizes. How flexible are the patterns? Can you 'stretch' a swag pattern to extend it slightly just in the draping of it? Or is it necessary to fiddle about making a new patten and toile etc. Used to do all this, but the idea of this book is that it was meant to save me time. Haven't got the time to fiddle about too much as my workload has gone off the scale.

Help!

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: M & D Book

The patterns are cut on the fold and can be adjusted by bringing the pattern template in from the fold of the fabric, this is suitable for minor adjustments - If you want to make major size changes than I'd suggest buying the supplementary swag pattens. I would also suggest you use either a spot and cross pattern paper or pattern plastic to transfer your patterns onto rather than cut the originals. Rolls of spot and cross pattern paper can be purchased from M&D. The spot and cross is the cheaper option but again it is paper. My preference is pattern plastic this is more expensive but once cut it will last you a life time. Another good point with the pattern plastic is that you only have to score if with a stanley kife and then tear.[attachment=1:3p2obndd]swag1.jpg[/attachment:3p2obndd]
    You can buy pattern hooks for hanging your patterns from M&D.

[attachment=0:3p2obndd]patternhooks.jpg[/attachment:3p2obndd]
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Re: M & D Book

Thanks Philip,

Obvious I suppose, but wasn't sure! I hadn't heard of pattern plastic before, think I will invest. Most certainly will not cut the masters! That would be a very expensive mistake!

Thanks,
      Sue.

Comment

Working...
      X