turban swagged pelmet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turban swagged pelmet

I've agreed to making a turban swagged pelmet for a client with the deadline looming for completion. It's to resemble the M'Fay turban swag 9225 pattern but with an additional bow attached to the front (I know...! :0) Now that I'm contemplating making it, I have absolutely no clue where to start and cannot get hold of the M'Fay pattern. Has anyone one made one of these? Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy the pattern asap? Thanks in advance.

The only place I know at the moment to get the pattern is The Workroom Channel in the USA https://workroommarketplace.com/products/turban-swag. They will ship internationally I think but you need to contact them to arrange this. Or you might get lucky on Ebay or Amazon......

I do have some pretty old instructions (not M'fay) on making your own pattern - happy to email to you if you send me a PM with your address.

There is also an interesting blog entry about making them over at Leatherwood Design http://leatherwooddesignco.blogspot....ban-swags.html but not an actual tutorial.

Good luck!
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for that Louise. I'm in the process of making the Pelmet and as I haven't managed to source the pattern, I have decided to make two long normal swags and fiddle around with them on the pelmet board to make them overlap, and then chop them at the right point to wrap around and dress whats left at the returns. One chopped a third, the other chopped 2 thirds. There will be wastage but I think it's my best option at the moment. Fingers crossed it turns out ok! Thanks again.

Comment

Would love to see a photo of the finished piece if possible?
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I have made them before, using a standard swag template. The centre section that became the returns, I basted onto some tieback stiffener before cutting in half, to keep the end sections in place.
          John Quine
          Brooke Design
          Fylde Coast

Comment

Working...
          X